side bars

Monday, November 11, 2013

Seasons Change - a Brave canvas for me....

I've had this idea in my head for a while - a large canvas of a tree with all four seasons.  This canvas is pretty big - not huge my any means, but it's 18x24, so much larger than what I'm use to working with.  I started with the background, creating quadrants to represent Spring, Summer, Fall and Winter.  Then I added texture with a napkin.  The tree is a hot glue then painted!  The leaves are paper - using both a Martha Stewart punch and a Sizzix die (Prima).  The fall leaves are from Prima's Sunrise Sunset collection, and the green leaves are Authentique's Peaceful collection.  The cherry blossoms are from my stash - probably dollar store, can't remember.  The snow is modeling paste from Liquitex and glitter (although you can't see it in the photo).

I love how it turned out - one of the few times where what was in my head actually came out on my page/canvas.  I showed my husband and he said to me that he wants to hang it on the wall in the living room ... I near cried - he likes it that much, as much as I do!

So, let me know what you think - this is me being brave - doing a BIG canvas!

 
 
Leave a comment - they make my day!!
 
 
 

7 comments:

  1. This is absolutely amazing and beautiful Lorena, I would hang it in my living room too! What a unique and beautiful focal point to any room. I get you could easily sell these on Etsy or at craft fairs for a couple hundred bucks or more. Wow, you continue to amaze me with your creative talent. I'm going to show Oliver now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BRAVE looks good on you... and super awesome on canvas!
    Love all the textured-makes-me-want-to-touch-y-feel-y elements.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh WOW Lorena!!!! This canvas is absolutely STUNNING!!!! I love how you made the tree with hot glue, it's genius! The four seasons are represented perfectly!!! Bravo, it's a masterpiece. Hugs, brigitte

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful piece. I love the idea of the four seasons around the one big tree. And I love your idea of courage. Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love, love, love it. Beautiful. I would hang it in my living room too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG, I am still in awe of this. Thank you so much for letting me know how you made the tree. You are so creative. I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!! I so want to make one, but don't want to copy someone else's work. Thank you again for telling us how you made it and for showing your beautiful work. Please do hang this, I would in a heart beat!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seriously, Lorena, you are one talented lady! This is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails