The 2012 Calendar has a new feature to it that includes a technique each month, and this is what the Design Team will be focusing on. Again we will be using the same products and showing you just how different you can make layouts with the same items.
This month I have done two layouts for your viewing pleasure. I don't believe that Mellisa is doing this layout challenge with the Pink Paislee.
Emma provided us with Pink Paislee's Snow Day collection, and baker's twine.
I have to tell you I love this paper line, the grunged up look of the snowmen and mittens was perfect and combining pink, red together with blue and brown made for so many possibilities. This month the technique is "unique titles"!
For my First Layout I have titled it "I Love U" and I have replaced the 3 photos from the sketch with one long photo (you all know how much I don't like multiple photo layouts) I chose a photo from my wedding, as it was the only photo I have with both my Hubby and I looking totally in love... usually it's me behind the camera taking shots of the kids, or him taking shots of me and the kids, rarely do we get a shot of just the two of us together. So, for this layout I played up the red and the hearts in the paper. I used an assortment of Harmonie chipboard embellishments which I heat embossed with a metallic powder. A Prima flower and a Prima centre. For my title, I layered circles and used Basic Grey chipboard letters and strung them together on a jute banner. On two of the hearts in the snowman paper I used red stickles and then glossy accents to bring it up a notch! I apologize for the quality of the lighting on the photo, it is not exactly how I wanted it.
My second layout, I'm have titled it "Snow Angel" and I focused in on the winter and snow aspect of this collection. I used Core'dinations paper for my title and dry embossed it with a snowflake Cuttlebug folder then sanded it to bring out the core of the paper and replaced the "o" in snow with a snowflake. For the "Angel" I dry embossed again this time with a tiny polka dot folder and highlighted with some white ink. The die cut behind the layout is very old, I'm not even sure what company it was who made it, but its been in my stash for years! I did some machine stitching and distressing on the layers. I used two brads to anchor each side of my baker's twine bow.